One of the worst problems with aging is the consequences it has on our body. As we get older, so too do our limbs, organs, hair, and smile. We often mistakenly think of teeth as being resistant to the effects of age, but they too will begin to wear down and deteriorate as we get older. Fortunately, if you take good care of them and ensure they are always clean, they can last a lifetime.
Focus your oral health care on aging and dental health care. Save your smile with aging and dental health and these important facts:
– Wear safety equipment during any manual labor or high-risk activities that impede the safety of your teeth and gums.
– If traditional brushing or flossing is impeded or too difficult, switch to an electric toothbrush or water flosser.
– Brush your teeth twice per day and floss between your teeth once per day.
– Quit any unhealthy habits in your life that can easily damage your teeth and gums, including using drugs, smoking tobacco, and chewing tobacco.
– Circumvent foods that can easily crack your teeth, including biting into hard or overly chewy products.
– Set an appointment and attend a professional cleaning at our dentist every six months or as needed if you require an oral examination.
If you would like to experience the life-changing transformation that oral health care can provide, please stop by Gluckstadt Family Dentistry for an oral exam from Dr. Robert Hauptman and our team at our amazing dentist facility in Madison, Mississippi. Schedule your visit by calling us at 601-790-9245. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for.